Salvation Army Still Seeking Bell Ringers
The Christmas season is upon us and the bell ringers will be continuing their collections around the area. The Salvation Army is always open to volunteer help to aid in ringing the bell for a good cause. Various businesses all over town will be active for collection with little kettles. If you are a local business and would like to compete in this year’s local ring off please contact (573) 210-1229.
Bell ringing will start November 27th through Christmas Eve at Noon at Potosi Wal-Mart. If you would like to sign up as an individual or as an organization please contact (573) 210-1229.
The Salvation Army has donated over $10,000 to the community through local projects such as the back to school fair, donations to local food pantries and other community assistance.
Instructions for Salvation Army Bell Ringers
• Dress Warmly. Anticipate the weather changing as the day goes on.
• Please do not block store pedestrian traffic.
• Stand beside or behind the Kettle, not in front of it.
• Don’t ring the bell so loud in gets irritating
• Smile and acknowledge people with a greeting.
• Please be courteous, polite and respectful to others at all times.
• You do not handle the money. Please ask them to deposit it in the kettle.
• If they want to write a check, please write Potosi, Mo in the memo line of the check.
• Do not ever leave the kettle unattended.
• All ringers are required to wear a mask and maintain social distancing guidelines.
Please support the Independent-Journal by subscribing today!